A list of helpful links.
Accessing your website on the Rutgers Server
Type in: http://art.rutgers.edu/~username
You must use index.html as your landing page
Students are responsible for building a website on this URL to present the work (both exercises and projects) done for the class and publish written responses. In the first couple weeks, basic HTML and CSS coding will be taught through in-class workshops, allowing students the ability to create this portfolio website.
Specific Walkthrough here
- HTML tag reference — a list of all the tags from w3schools
- HTML5 references from W3Schools (beginner), MDN and w3c.
- Dive int HTML5
- CSS Properties — a list of CSS properties from w3schools
- Lie & Bos, Ch.2 — this chapter is a good reference
- Learn CSS Layout
- CSS Tricks — this is a great place to find well-tested CSS tricks and learn about fancy new CSS techniques.
Artists Discussed in Class
- Jason Salavon
- Lauren McCarthy
- Rafael Lozano-Hemmer
- Tim Hawkinson
- Jill Lepore
- Stefanie Posavec and Giorgia Lupi
- Dunne + Raby
- Refik Anadol
- Casey Reas